Sunday 19 March 2017

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Special Guest Rachel Tessman





Hello again and welcome to the Crazy Crafters Bog Hop with our special guest, US demonstrator Rachel Tessman from  StampYourArtOut - Rachel was recognised at Onstage November 2016 in the Global Top 100, coming in at #35 in the United States and #67 in the world - that is an awesome achievement.

You may be joining our hop here with me, Leisa Pedersen or you may have come from the person previous to me.  Where ever you started, don't miss a single post.  There are so many talented demonstrators in our hop today.

As Rachel is our special guest our theme is to CASE (copy and selectively edit) any project that has been created by Rachel. With so many gorgeous projects, it made choosing what to case so hard....your work is amazing Rachel!!

This is Rachel's card I chose to CASE:


 

And my card:




My card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" and I started with Basic Black as my card base. I have layered with Smoky Slate and a  2" strip of Real Red. The smaller oblong panel is Basic Black and Smoky Slate.  I have stamped the anchor image from the Guy Greetings Stamp Set randomly in Smoky Slate ink.

Then I did a smaller square of Smoky Slate and stamped the anchor in Real Red to make it pop! I used a square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies to cut out and create the stitched look and then adhered this to a slightly larger square of Basic Black. When I die cut the single anchor, I did it to create a diamond effect and then mounted it with Dimensionals.

I added the perfect sentiment 'You're my Anchor" also from the Guy Greetings set, stamped directly onto the Real Red strip.  To finish off I took some two tone Bakers Twine and made a ribbon like effect above the strip and added a small bow.

I love how this turned out!! I find lately I am making more square cards with masculine themes; I think the boldness of the square suits this type of card better than the traditional shape.

Want to make this too???? You can!! 
Contact me to find out how....or shop now. My online store is open 24/7 for your convenience, just click the shopping trolley image on the right.  

Do you live in Australia? 
To request a copy of the latest catalogues contact me here 
and I will mail one to you FREE!!

I hope you have enjoyed our hop so far.

There are so many amazing ideas to draw inspiration from so be sure to continue your journey this hop by following the list to see who's up next!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
See you again soon

Leisa
xx

22 comments:

  1. How gorgeous and what a great masculine card.
    You have me inspired as I have been commissioned to make a masculine card this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla - I never have enough masculine cards on hand so always looking to do more - thanks for your kinds words xx

      Delete
  2. I love your card Leisa! Great CASE. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so well. Great CASE! Gotta love those stitched shapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Stitched Shapes is my new bestie I think Fiona - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment xx

      Delete
  4. Lov e this set and your CASE Leisa. I enjoy seeing great masculine cards, and this is one of those times xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leisa, thanks for participating in this hop! I love your card! It's a fabulous masculine card. I may need to use it in a class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel thank you so much for your kind words , I am gobsmacked that you think my case is worthy to use in your class - it has been an absolute honor to hop with you - your projects are amazing - thank you so much for hopping with us today :) xx

      Delete
  6. This is a fantastic card. Those colours are just so good together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie - yeah I love black grey and red , definitely speaks male all over - thanks for your kind words xx

      Delete
  7. I love the look of this masculine card Leisa....the colours work well too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki - I couldn't think of a better colour combo - love these colours xx

      Delete
  8. Great Card Leisa you have done a fabulous job :) Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card Leisa! I such an amazing masculine card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great masculine card and CASE Leisa.

    ReplyDelete